Policy Impact Nomination Information/Process
See past Policy Impact award winners
The AAPOR Policy Impact Award is intended to recognize outstanding research that has resulted in a clear impact on improving policy decisions, practice and discourse, either in the public or private sectors.
Research organizations or individuals are encouraged to submit nominations detailing:
- The policy issues under study
- How the research strategy addressed the issues
- All methods utilized to conduct the research
- How the research shaped or influenced decisions, policy formulation or public discourse about it
- Assessment of how the resulting policy, practice or decision was informed by the research or how the research had an impact on the quality of public debate.
The nominations should come in the form of case studies. There is no one “set” formula or format for these submissions. Since there is a time lag between completion of studies and demonstrated policy impact, this award does not specify a time frame for study completion. Generally, we expect that studies will have been completed in the past five years or so. Nomintations can be submitted here.
Entries will be evaluated by a committee chaired by AAPOR’s Past President. The Award may not be given every year.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: The submission period ends January 13, 2017
72nd Annual AAPOR Conference
Sheraton New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
May 18-21, 2017
INQUIRIES AND NOMINATIONS:
Nominations and any supporting documentation can be submitted by completing the nomination form.