Mission and Goals
AAPOR is a professional
organization dedicated to advancing the science and practice of survey
and opinion research to give people a voice in the decisions that affect
their daily lives.
We strive to:
- Educate policy makers and the public at
large to help them make better use of surveys and survey
- Educate practitioners on new
developments affecting our field;
- Advocate the highest standards of
ethical conduct for survey and opinion research;
- Encourage and disseminate research and
innovations that improve our methods;
- Encourage and disseminate systematic
analyses of public opinion on the major issues of the day;
- Promote best practices in collecting,
analyzing, and interpreting survey data;
- Provide opportunities for our members to
exchange views and promote the values of our organization;
- Act as an advocate for survey and
opinion research and its practitioners.
the mission statement.
as amended: September 16, 2010